Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Make Homemade Fabric Refresher for Pennies!


Make Homemade Fabric Refresher for Pennies! | www.SpicyPinkInspirations.com


     Who doesn't love the smell of a fresh couch/chairs or linens? I know I do! It makes everything seem so much cleaner and therefore cozier. Does that make sense? I like to spray my living room furniture and curtains as well as any throws from the couch to freshen them up. I also spray the carpet sometimes because having a perfect angel of a dog doesn't always mean they leave your carpets smelling the best.


     As I said, I love the smell of freshened fabrics and Febreze would usually be my go to purchase but the price is a bit steep on my budget. Almost $5 a bottle where I live, yikes! So I decided to try making it myself and man it is even better than the store bought stuff! It's only water, fabric softener, and baking soda so there aren't any weird chemicals (besides the ingredients of the softener you use of course). Mine and my kids lungs like it better anyway. The baking soda deodorizes & eliminates any funky smells while the fabric softener provides the fragrance and of course the softening effect to your fabrics. Everything smells like it is fresh from the laundry instead of that slight perfume-y smell your things take on when you use the store bought brand. Here is the recipe I use and have loved for months!


Combine the ingredients in the bottle and replace cap. Give it a really good shake until the baking soda is dissolved. Try out your new  fabric refresher!
  • Old spray bottle (an old febreze bottle works perfectly)
  • 2 tablespoons of Baking Soda
  • 3 oz. of your favorite Fabric Softener
  • 3 cups of hot water (do NOT use boiling hot water)

** Settling may occur over time as the bottle sits from disuse. Simply shake before using it the next time to redistribute the mixture.